Consolidant for natural stone, plaster and terracotta
SIOX-5 RE50 is a consolidant based on sol-gel technology developed by the Group of Chemistry for Cultural Heritage at the University of Padua, Italy (Patent n. 0001370467 Synthesis of silica protective films by tin-catalized sol-gel process).
HOW IT WORKS
The product contains a stable lattice of nanostructured and functionalized silica. Once applied to the material and absorbed by pores, the liquid solidifies forming layers of amorphous silica able to restore the mechanical properties of stones, plasters, terracotta.
In contrast to traditional systems based on reactions between ethyl silicate and atmospheric humidity for silica formation (in 30-40 days), the sol-gel technology allows obtaining silica thanks to a neutral catalyst promoting room temperature reactions with a consolidant effect in 24 hours.
Bottles of 1l, 3l, 5l
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL SHEET
- carbonate and silicate stones
- lime plaster
- wall paintings
- consolidant effect
- HIGH LEVEL OF WATER RESISTANCE
- HIGH DEGREE OF TRANSPIRATION
- rapid consolidation (24 hours)
- COMPATIBILITY WITH SILICATE AND CARBONATE SUBSTRATES
- RESISTANCE TO UV IRRADIATION
- RESISTANCE TO POLLUTED ACID ENVIRONMENT
- POSSIBILITY OF REAPPLYING
- NOT TOXIC